Benefits of a corporate nutrition program
A healthy employee is a productive employee!
Nutrition and diet are essential parts of a healthy lifestyle for good health and healthy employees are essential for a productive and efficient work place.
Many Australian workers are overweight, have high cholesterol levels and are at risk of developing chronic diseases such as Type 2 Diabetes and heart disease.
Current research shows that chronic diseases costs the Australian workforce more than half a million days of absenteeism each year. For your business this means increased costs, reduced employee productivity and reduced profits. Lifestyle diseases are the silent OH&S risk of every work place.
Potential benefits of a corporate nutrition, health and wellness program for your business include:
- • Informed, healthier and happier employees
- • Reduced absenteeism
- • Improved workplace culture, increased staff morale and higher employee engagement with their work
- • Increased employee efficiency and productivity
- • Reduction in accidents and injuries, which assists in reducing workers compensation claims
- • Increased profits!
An Accredited Practising Dietitian & Nutritionist can help your business improve the health and productivity of your employees by means of:
- • nutrition seminars and workshops on various topics including
- • general healthy eating
- • weight management
- • managing high cholesterol & blood pressure
- • Corporate health assessments of each employee looking at diet, lifestyle and key health measures such as weight, BMI and waist circumference. Each employee will receive a personalised health report with recommendations.
For the food industry
- Nutrition analysis of recipes
- Nutrition analysis of products and development of nutrition information panel